1/350 Regia Marina Pola 203mm/53 (8") Model 1927 x4 (w. Blast Bags)
1/350 Scale Regia Marina Pola 203mm/53 (8") Model 1927 x4 (w. Blast Bags). These are highly detailed models created using plans and known dimensions for the RM Pola. Ideal replacements for the poor versions in the 1/350 Hobbyboss Pola kit.
- 4x Turrets in set, each Turret is unique and is clearly marked on the base
- Turret III has the ships motto "Ardisco Ad Ogni Impressa (dare at every deed)" on Port & Starboard side. Font has been matched from original photos
- Turret Sighting Port openings have the curved type guttering/eyebrow unlike the Zara that had a Squared gutter above and alongside these ports
- Details include: Open Rangefinder Ports, Underside Crew Access Hatch, Armour Plating join seams, Rivets, Blast Bag Fasteners, Roof Access Ladders and Crew Walkways
- Authentic material effect Blast Bags with Barrels elevated at 2º.
More powerful than the previous 20.3 cm (8”) Model 1924, these were probably Italy’s best cruiser guns of World War II. The guns were the same for both Models, with the difference being that the M1927 mountings used on the Zara Class had thicker armor than the M1929 used on Bolzano.
These guns suffered from shell dispersion problems as they were mounted too close together. The muzzle velocity was lowered during trials in a largely unsuccessful attempt to reduced the dispersion. The guns were not individually sleeved.
Built with A tube, full length jacket, breech ring and a loose liner which could be replaced on-board ship. Used a Welin breech-block which was hydraulically operated.
Actual bore diameter was 20.32 cm (8.0”).