1/192 Royal Navy 4"/50 (10.2 cm) BL MKVII Guns x8
1/192 Scale Royal Navy 4"/50 (10.2 cm) BL MKVII Guns x8 as used by the Royal Navy and Allied Navies. These are highly detailed parts modelled using plans and many reference photographs for the most accurate and detailed 4"/50 (10.2 cm) BL Mark VII available. Used by WW1 Bellerophon, Orion, King George V, Neptune, St Vincent, Indefatigable, Lion and Colossus Class vessels. These were modelled using photos of a pair of HMS New Zealand Guns outside the Auckland Museum.
- 8x Mounts
- Highly detailed and accurate part, modelled from plans and photographic reference
- Details include Hex Nuts, accurate Rivet placement, Handwheels, Operators Supports
- All apparatus is included: Sighting, Training and Elevation
- Barrels are set at 0º elevation.
This weapon entered service on the dreadnought HMS Bellerophon and later replaced some of the 4"(10.2 cm) Mark I and Mark III guns used on older ships.
These weapons were installed in both casemates and in single open mounts on British dreadnoughts. The open mounts were installed without shields but some ships had these added after 1917. In 1918 a HA mounting using a reduced charge was introduced and most capital ships had one or two of these installed on a main caliber turret for anti-aircraft purposes.
During World War II these weapons were used on many minor warships and a considerable number were used as coastal artillery.
Mark VII was constructed of inner A and A tubes, wire wound, B tube to the muzzle with jacket, breech ring and breech bush screwed into the A tube. Used a Welin breech block with "pure couple" breech mechanism. Cannelured rings for reducing "steel choke" were placed between the shoulders of the A and inner A tubes. Mark VII* was a single gun made by Beardmore with a different construction. Mark VII** were fifteen guns with no inner A tube and with the B tube and jacket being combined.
Firing could be either percussion or electrical. A total of 600 of these weapons were produced, of which 482 still remained in 1939.